Organic FarmingAgriculture for Everybody
Use of Neem Seeds for Crop Nutrition
Neem Kernel Aqueous Extract:
The simple method of preparing Neem Kernel Aqueous Extract consists of following steps –
• Taking dried neem seed and decorticating it (removing seed coat) with the help of mortar and pastel or any mechanical decorticate. Clean the neem kernel and seed coat mixture by winning seed coat.
• Weigh 1 kg of clean neem kernel and make grain powder like fine tea powder. It should be pounded in such a way that no oil will come out. Soak it in about 10 liters of clean water. Add 10 ml of pH neutral adjutant (emulsifier mixture, spreader, etc.) and stir the mixture.
• Keep the mixture overnight and filter it with clean muslin cloth the next day. Put water into the residue and repeat the extraction 2-3 times. Use residue for plants as manure.
Spraying of NKAE
• NKAE spraying from 1.25 percent to 5 percent (Neem Kernel wt. base) is recommended for crops.
• It is recommended as a preventive at lower concentration and as a protective at higher concentration, i.e. up to 5 percent.
• Use the same day spray solution.
• Sprinkling should preferably be done in the afternoon at low sunlight intensity.
• The effect of NKAE remains for 7 - 10 days; care should be taken to cover all plant leaves with NKAE.
Source: TNAU Agriportal
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.