Guru GyaanAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Some troubles appeared and their solution in Manually Hand Operated Knapsack Sprayer
In absence of proper cares for maintaining the sprayers, we have to come back from the field without doing spraying operation. It is wastage of time and loose the chance of spraying the crop. As per the experience, the common faults and remedies are explained which will be helpful to the farmers.
1. Fault: The PVC piston is not fitting properly in the piston-well.
Solution: If PVC piston is become coarse or broken, change it with new one. Always carry one extra PVC piston while going to the spraying in the field.
2. Fault: The delivery valve is adherent with its seat
Solution: Open the delivery valve and remove the rust. Clean the dust particles and fit again.
3. Fault: If spray output is not come out properly from the nozzle
• Remove the dust particle from the nozzle. See the swirl plate and clean with the stiff wire and fit again. Don’t clean the nozzle with your mouth.
• Any leakage in discharge line, maintain it and keep the gasket, if require.
• If swirl plate, orifice plate and gasket are not fitted in-side, open it and adjust and fit them properly.
• If any dust particle are jammed in cut-off valve, open the quarter pin and check the hole from where the solution is passed off. If any dust particles are gathered, clean with the stiff wire or with the hard pin.
Dr. T. M. Bharpoda,
Ex. Professor of Entomology,
B. A. College of Agriculture, Anand Agricultural University, Anand- 388 110 (Gujarat India)