Organic FarmingAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Seed Treatment Benefits in Pigeon Pea
Farmers are actively advocating Pigeon Pea (red gram) as a cash crop. Right at the beginning of the cultivation of this crop, if adequate attention is given, it can generate an economic advantage by enhancing the yield. Let's get acquainted with the advantages of seed treatment in pigeon pea crop.
• Trichoderma Plus 1 g/kg of seeds should be applied to prevent wilt disease in pigeon pea crops. Seed treatment should be conducted first with chemical pesticide seeds and then with a biological seed treatment.
• Seed treatment with PSB 250 g for 10 kg of seeds should be performed to provide phosphorous to the soil, leading in a rise of 15% to 20% in crop production.
• Seed germination can be enhanced by seed treatment.
• Increases soil productivity and fertility through a scientific method.
• Biological fertiliser is cheaper to chemical fertilisers and helps with higher production with less costs.
• Seed treatment improves the quality of the crop with the production process.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.