PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme completes one and a half year, six decisions which will make it easy to take 6000 rupees for farming!_x000D_
New Delhi. Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme, the first scheme to send money directly to farmers' bank accounts, has completed 18 months till today. During this period, more than 9 crore 96 lakh farmers have received cash assistance of about 73 thousand crore rupees for farming. Registration is in progress.
Know what has changed in this plan?
(1) Elimination of holdings: When the scheme was launched informally in December 2018, then in terms of its eligibility, it was written that only for those who have 2 hectares (5 acres) of cultivable land will be benefited. By fulfilling the election promise, Modi Sarkar removed the limit of holdings from it. In this way its profit was increased from 12 crore to 14.5 crore farmers.
(2) Aadhaar Card Mandatory: To take advantage of this scheme, the government was asking for an Aadhaar card from the beginning. But later it became mandatory. The exemption for providing Aadhaar link to farmers in the scheme was not extended after 30 November 2019. This was done so that only eligible farmers would get benefits.
(3) The facility of registration for farmers themselves: The Modi government has devised a method of self-registration to increase the number of its beneficiaries. Whereas earlier registration had to be done through the Agriculture Officer. Now, if the farmer has a revenue record, Aadhaar card, mobile number and bank account number, then he can register himself by going to the Farmers Corner (pmkisan.nic.in).
(4) The facility to know the status: You do not need to visit any office to know whether your application is accepted after registration, how much installment money has come in your account. Now by visiting PM Kisan Portal, any farmer can get status information by entering his Aadhaar, mobile and bank account number.
(5) Kisan Credit Card: Now the Kisan Credit Card has also been added to the PM Kisan Scheme. This has been done so that the process of making KCC is expedited. That means the government is giving Rs 6000 to KCC. At present, about 7 crore farmers have KCC, while the government wants to provide loans of up to Rs 3 lakh at 4% to them by joining 2 crore more people at the earliest.
(6) PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana: If a farmer is taking advantage of PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi then he will not have to provide any documents for PM Kisan Maandhan Yojana. Because the entire document of such farmer is with the Government of India. Under this scheme, farmers can choose to contribute directly from the benefits received from the PM-Kisan scheme. This way he will not have to spend money directly from his pocket. His premium will be deducted from Rs 6000.
Source: News 18, 1 july 2020
If you find the information given in this video useful, like it and share it with your friends.