Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Nutrient Management in Drumsticks
• Drumsticks bloom twice a year and it is thus essential to use fertiliser at that point.
• Give 10-12 tonnes of manure per acre along with chemical fertiliser.
• Apply fertiliser per acre @ 50 kg of urea, 50 kg of DAP, and 50 kg of potash. After that, again after 30 to 40 days, 50 kg of urea should be given.
• Increase the dose of nitrogen according to the soil type and plant growth as per soil testing.
• Follow fertiliser management again during the second bloom as stated above after the first bloom.
• In addition to using chemical fertiliser twice a year, use organic fertiliser to improve colour, quality, and glazing. If the additional shoots evolve, the consumption of nitrogen should be decreased.
• Increase the phosphorus fertiliser dose if the drumsticks are small and the flower drops occur.
Context: AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.