New strategy to increase food exports soon
New Delhi - An effective strategy is needed to increase the export of processed food products from the country. Work is underway to prepare a plan. The Agriculture and Process Fertilizer Export Development Authority is in talks with the state governments to prepare the draft. The new policy will be signed with the farmers for quality production of the crops needed for export to various countries, officials of the authority said.
Although agricultural production in the country has increased, the processing and export of it is very low. An effective plan is needed for these exports to grow. For this, the Agriculture and Process Export Development Authority has taken the initiative.
The export policy of foodstuffs will be 'as is'
1. State-centred exports in consultation with the states
2. The policymaker will directly connect the exporters with the farmers
3. Will specialize according to export opportunities
4. To make farmers aware of the controlled use of chemicals
5. Efforts to increase the production of organic farming that will guide the farmers regarding the maximum residual limits of chemicals of those countries for export and the criteria related to them.
6. Work on end-to-end level for certification of agriculture
7. Offer validation services to the farmers on the dam
Sources - Agrowon, 8th October 19
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.