Sorry, this article is unavailable in your chosen language.
Agri Shop will be soon available in your state.
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Methods to increase the efficiency of chemical fertilizers
● Fertilizers should never be thrown on the soil. They should be applied only when the soil has appropriate moisture.
● Fertilizers should be applied under the seeds at the time of sowing.
● Coated fertilizers/brickets/super granules should be used. These should be used with urea and neem cakes in the proportion of 1:5.
● Fertilizers should be given in phases during the sensitive stages of crop growth.
● Liquid fertilizers should be given through micro irrigation.
● For cereal crops, fertilizers should be given in the proportion of 4:2:2:1(Nitrogen: Phosphorus: Potash: Sulphur) and for pulses they should be applied in the proportion of 1:2:1:1.
● The pH of soil should be maintained between 6.5 to 7.5 by regular use of organic fertilizers.
● For protection of soil, maintain the soil health by taking up soil conservation, organic farming, and integrated chemical and organic farming. This is the need of hour.
Reference – AgroStar Agronomy Center of Excellence.
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.