Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Management of Pomegranate Stem Borer
1. Prevent plants from becoming weak due to poor nutrition, attack by other insects, and others._x005F_x000D_
2. Hand picking and killing adults in kerosene water from July to September. _x005F_x000D_
3. Stem borer grubs can be killed by inserting a hooked wire down the hole. _x005F_x000D_
4. Pruning dead branches during pre-monsoon and before taking bahar. _x005F_x000D_
5. Do not heap dead or rooted wood in or near orchards. _x005F_x000D_
6. Attract and kill by installing the 200watts sodium bulb light traps.
1. Apply the past of 10 liters of water + red soil (4kg) + Chlorpyriphos 20 EC (20ml) + Copper oxychloride (25 g); apply this with the help of brush, up to 1-2 feet above from second year crop onwards._x005F_x000D_
2. Inject the damaged stems holes with Dichlorvos 76 EC @ 70-80 ml/litre. _x005F_x000D_
3. Apply Dichlorvos solution with the help of squeeze bottle until the bored tunnel is filled and then close with the wet mud._x005F_x000D_
Resource: National Research Centre on Pomegranate, Solapur_x005F_x000D_
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.