Guru GyaanAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Management of Leafhoppers in Paddy
Paddy crop is mainly infested with green leafhopper, brown plant hopper, and white-backed plant hopper. Both nymphs and adults suck the sap from the crops and appear to have burned the plant (Hopper burn).
Integrated Pest Management (IPM):
• Early transplantation can reduce damage.
• Apply recommended dosage of nitrogenous fertilizer in three splits
• Water should be drained instantly after pest initiation.
• Apply Carbofuran 3G @25 kg or Fipronil 0.3 GR @20-25 kg or Chlorantraniliprole 0.5% + Thiamethoxam 1% GR @6 kg per hectare in soil
• If application of granular insecticide is not possible, spray Acetamprid 20 SP @4 g or Clothianidin 50 WG @5 g or Buprofezin 25 SC @20 ml or Dinotofuran 20 SG @4 g or Buprofezin 15% + Acephate 35% WP @25 g or Deltamethrin 0.72% + Buprofezin 5.65% EC @20 ml or Fenobucarb 20% + Buprofezin 5% EC @20 ml or Flubendiamide 4% + Buprofezin 20% EC @ 10 ml per 10 lit of water. Keep the nozzle towards the stem while spraying insecticides. These spray will also control the leaf folder and stem borer in paddy
• Apply insecticides to the infested area only at the beginning of the incidence.
Dr. T. M. Bharpoda,_x000D_
Ex. Professor of Entomology, _x000D_
B. A. College of Agriculture, Anand Agricultural University, Anand- 388 110 (Gujarat India)_x000D_
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.