Guru GyaanAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Management of Fruit Borer in Summer Okra
Farmers equipped with appropriate irrigation facilities also cultivate okra in the summer. Compared to sucking pests, fruit borers can cause maximum damage to the crop. The larva enters the pod and feeds the insides, and sometimes the okra turns D - shaped.
• Do regular picking of the crop.
• In each picking, separate the infested pods and destroy them properly.
• Damaged fruit and over matured pods should not remain on the plant itself. Separate the infested pods and feed the animals.
• Spray Bt based powder @ 10 gm or Bouveria bassiana fungus based powder @ 40 gm per 10 litre of water during the evening hours properly. _x005F_x000D_
• Spray neem-based formulations on initiation of infestation. _x005F_x000D_
• Farmers cultivating the crop organically, can install 40 Pheromone Traps per hectare._x005F_x000D_
• In case the infestation increases, spray Chlorantraniliprole 20 SC @ 3 ml or Deltamethrin 2.8 EC @ 10 ml or lambda Cyhelothrin 4.9 CS @ 5 ml or Emamactin Benzoate 5 WG @ 5 g 10 litre of water._x005F_x000D_
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.