Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Management of army worm in maize crop
1) Use pheromone traps to catch moths. Install pheromone traps at the height of crop.
2) Realease 50,000 eggs/acre endoparasitic insects like Trichogramma species, Telemonus remus in the farm. After that do not spray any chemical insecticide in the farm for 4 to 5 days.
3) Select early maturity variety of maize.
4) Sow maize crop on time and harvest it on time.
5) deep ploughing once in 2-3 years for summer crop. _x000D_
6) Infestation of this pest on maize can be reduced by making appropriate use of biological insecticide. If Bacillus thuringiensis or Metarhizium anisopliae is applied at the time of infestation, it gives effective control. _x000D_
Reference – AgroStar Agronomy Center for Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.