Insect Life CycleTnau.agritech
Life cycle of Mango fruit fly
Mango fruit fly is believed to be the single largest crop damage in India. It accounts for about 27 per cent of harvesting loss. The flies attack semi ripe and mature fruits during the months of April and May. Let’s know deep about this insect.
Identification of pest:
• Larva - Larva looks yellowish in colour.
• Adult - Adult is light brown in colour with transparent wing.
Nature of damage:
• Adult female punctures the rind of ripe fruits with its needle like ovipositor and lays eggs.
• Maggot bore into semi-ripen fruits with decayed spots and dropping of fruits.
• Oozing of fluid is observed on infested fruits.
• Brownish rotten patches appear on fruits.
• Collect fallen infested fruits and dispose them by dumping in a pit
• Provide summer ploughing to expose the pupa
• Monitor the activity of flies with pheramone traps containing methyl eugenol lure.
Farmer friends, if you find the information in the video useful, then don’t forget to Like and Share it with your friends.