Insect Life CycleTnau.agritech
Life Cycle Lemon Butterfly
Lemon butterfly is a severe pest that occurs in citrus family horticultural crop. Caterpillars feed voraciously on light green tender leaves and leave only the mid-ribs. Severe infestation leads to the entire tree’s defoliation.
• Eggs: Incubation period of eggs is 2-3 days, yellowish creamy in colour, female butterfly lays eggs singly, mostly on under surface of tender leaves and on tender twigs.
• Larva: Larval period is up to 8-9 days. This pest goes through 4 larval stages in its life cycle.
• Early Stage: Larva resembles bird dropping. Grown up larva are cylindrical, stout, green, and brown lateral bond.
• Pupal Stage: After completion of larval period it goes into pupal period up to 10-12days
• Adult: Adult period is up to one week; it is dark brown swallowtail butterfly with numerous yellow marking on wings.
• Hand pick larvae and destroy it.
• Field release of parasitoids Trichogramme evanescens and Telenomus sp on eggs of Brachymeria sp larvae and Pterolus sp pupae.
To watch such important videos, don’t forget o Like and Share this with your farmer friends!