Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Integrated Pest Management in Pomegranate Crop
1. After training and pruning, spray the pesticide onto the pomegranate tree, i.e. spray Chlorpyriphos @ 20 ml/10 litres of water. Prepare a solution using 4 kg of red soil + 50 g of COC + 50 ml of Chlorpyrifos + 5 ml of sticker/ 10 litres of water and then spread it on the tree trunk.
2. Add 20 grams of Trichoderma + 2 kg of Neem Cake to the manure and spread the manure around the tree in two rings before or after pruning.
3. Marigold plants should to be planted in two rows around the pomogranate field.
4. By mixing 60 g Metarhizium anisopliae into milk add 10 litres of water to it and then spray on the trees or If there is a high incidence of pest, spray Dimethoate @ 15 ml or Imidacloprid 17.8 SL @ 10 ml or Spinosad 45% SC @ 5 ml/10 litres of water
5. If case of pest outbreak, spray 5% Neem extract or 20 ml of Azadiractin or 30 ml of neem oil/10 litres of water at weekly intervals. 6. If eggs are present on flowers and small fruits, spray Azadiractin @ 20 ml/10 litres of water or spray 5% of neem extract. 7. If small holes or dropping straw are observed on the enlarged tree trunk, inject 5 ml of Cypermethrin into the holes with injector after removing the straw from the holes. Seal the hole with wax. 8. To control whitefly spray Beaveria/Verticillium @ 20 ml/ 10 litres of water. _x000D_
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.