Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Important Notes When Using Weedicide:
• Know how to select herbicide, quantity, time, and others.
• Use weedicide following crop sowing but before germination; for example, monocotyledon crops- atrazine; dicotyledon crop- pendimethalin
• Weedicides in standing plants may be used, but the classification of the plant needs to be known.
• For a good result of weedicide, a standing crop should have 2-3 leaves.
• Enough moisture in the soil should be provided with 2 to 3 hours sunlight during weedicide spraying.
• Use pumps for knapsack. While spraying the weedicide, the wind should be moderate.
AgroStar Agronomy Center Excellence, 10 January, 2019