Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
How to take soil sample?
• Collect soil samples from 8 to 10 places in your farm.
• To collect the soil sample, prepare a pit of V shape.
• Drive the auger to a plough depth of 15 cm and draw the soil sample
• Do not take samples in a place where crop residues are placed.
• Take a soil sample of 500 grams from all the pits.
• Collect the soil, then divide it into four equal parts.
• The two opposite quarters are discarded and the remaining two quarters are remixed.
• Continue this process until the desired sample size is obtained.
• After this, transfer the soil sample into a polythene or cloth bag and label it with farmer name, address, description of the field and send this sample to the soil testing laboratory.
Source - AgroStar Agronomy Excellence Center
If you find this information useful, then like it and share it with all your farmer friends.