Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Common scab in Potato
1. In scab disease there are no symptoms on the foliage of the crop but in initial stage of disease light brown to dark lesion appears on the infected tuber. Later on, severely infected tuber skins covered with rough black scarfs and dark scabs. The disease reduces quality of products and market price.
1. Select disease free planting material (tubers)
2. If every year same problem occurs in field then green manuring can reduce the disease intensity for the next season.
3. In alkaline soil do not apply calcium ammonium nitrate fertilizer
4. Also use 20 kg Boric acid in basal application at time of planting
Agrostar Agronomy Center Excellence