Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Benefits of the Pendal System for Bitter Gourd Crops
• Bitter gourd is a member of the cucurbitaceous family. The pendal system helps in the proper growth of its vines. Compared to the pendal system, no new shoots are produced on the ground; this vine growth is affected along with gourd production and growth occurs only for a period of 3 to 4 months. Pendal system offers the best growth for 6 to 7 months.
• The pendal system provides the best vines above ground level, i.e. 4 to 6 feet above ground level; these vines are pest-free and disease-free.
• The pendal system helps to grow bitter gourd properly and the colour remains green due to sunlight and air.
• Harvesting and intercultural operation are easy.
• Helps intercropping such as coriander, fenugreek and others.
Source- AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.