AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
12 Nov 18, 10:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Important points required for the export of Okra
• Okra should be delicate and green in color.
• Okra should be free from the infestation of pests and diseases.
• The spoiled or stained-yellow fruit should be choose and separated.
• Send okra for export only after grading.
• For the export of okra and free air circulation, bags made from jute should be used.
• Tissue paper should be used for wrapping of fruits, so that it causes less evaporation and increases the durability of Okra.
• Possibly the fruits should be plucked when the climate is cold, okra should be plucked in morning.
• For the export of okara the remnants level of pesticides and fungicides should not be more than the maximum.
• The chemicals that are banned as fungicides or pesticides should not be used for spraying.
Agrostar Agronomy Centre Excellence