AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
28 Jun 19, 11:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Value addition & Popular Variety of Banana: Grand-9
• Banana is rich in potassium and fibre.
• It helps prevent asthma, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and digestive problems.
• Ripen bananas at room temperature and add them to cereal for a tasty breakfast.
Grand Nine (G-9): This is a well-known and edible variety in most Indian states.
• Each bunch has 10 to 12 hands. A bunch contains 175 to 225 fruits
• Grand Nine banana varieties are delicious and the quality of the fruit is good
• High yield (normal 30 kg of fruit per plant)
• Long cylindrical fruit with low curvature
• Hot yellow colour on maturity
• Both freshly and processed forms are acceptable internationally.
• Pulp processing is more suitable for peeling.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.