AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
23 Dec 19, 10:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
These Practices will help to Protect Crops from Winter Frost
In winter, most of the crops get affected by winter frost, which is likely to occur between December and January. In areas where tropical crops are grown in the plains, the effect of winter frost is observed in the quality and production of crops. As a result, fruit crop also suffer heavy losses. Apart from this, outbreaks of bacterial diseases also follow due to rotting of leaves, leaves, flowers, and fruits dry out. Spots start appearing on the fruits, this also spoils their appearance and taste.
Measures to protect crops from frost
1. To protect fruit plants from frost damage, plant about 100 watts bulb under the crops.
2. In areas where frost is more likely, the effect of dew is reduced by growing crops such as beetroot, carrot, wheat, radish, barley, etc.
3. Spraying 0.1% solution of sulphur in rain fed area crops should be affected by dew.
4. Fruit plants can be protected from damage by spraying nitrogen fertilizer and other nutrients.
5. Plants can also be protected by spraying micro or secondary elements to protect them from the damage caused by dew.
6. Water should be applied to the crop when there is a possibility of frost in the field.
7. Smoke should be done in the evening on all the four sides of the field.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumb impression below the photo and share it with all your farmer friends through the options below.