Monsoon SamacharAgriculture Weather Expert - Shri. Ramchandra Sable
The weather in the state likely to be cold
Given the air pressure in Maharashtra, the winds will be partly cloudy since the winds blowing from northeast India are dry. Due to this, there is no possibility of rainfall in the state. Due to a change in climate, the north Konkan and Ghatmatha are likely to receive light rains in the adjoining western states, but there will be no drastic change. The weather will be stable and cool. The temperature will gradually drop in the mornings and evenings. In some areas, fog will appear if the moisture content is high in the air. Winter will start with the season changing. The wind speed will be extremely low. The sky will remain clear. Intense sunshine. The rabbi season has begun.
1. Once the rains stop, the rabi crops should be sown by removing the kharif crops on the ground and tilting the soil.
2. Sow wheat in the horticulture area by November 5th.
3. Seeds should be sown for the Rabi season till 1st November.
4. Pre-Seasonal sugarcane is planted till 5th November after gram, cabbage, flower, marigold. Intercropping should be considered.
5. Onion crop should be prepared and sown during the Rabi season.
6. Pepper should be planted in the rabi season.
Source - Senior Agricultural Climate Expert Ramchandra Sable
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.