AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
25 Mar 19, 10:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Reclamation and Solution of Alkaline Soil
• The soil content of the white mineral layer comes to the saline soil surface, which is less than pH 8.5.
• To improve alkaline soil, proper land Preparation and make 1 percent slope of land, and horizontally make drainage line at the right distance.
• Give the land enough water to drain white mineral layers and follow the crop rotation
• Follow regular crop cultivation to avoid soil salinity and consider tolerant crops in alkaline soil.
• Use perforated pipe for drainage system to improve soil salinity.
• This method helps to improve soil texture and soil aeration. This also helps to increase water percolation and activates the crop's root system; this results in rigorous crop growth.
Reference - AgroStar Agronomy Centre Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.