Organic FarmingZyTonic Haryana
Process for preparing vermicompost
• The vermicompost is a very useful and effective fertilizer.
• You'll get 3 tons of vermicompost by using 10 tons of cow dung.
• We first need polythene cover, 5 to 7 days old dung, crop residues, farm soil, neem leaves and water to prepare vermicompost.
• Spread the polythene cover first over the surface of the soil. Whereupon spread 3 to 4 cm of thick layer of crop residue and neem leaves. And then spray the water over the top.
• Then add the cow dung in a layer. Once again the layer is thoroughly sprinkled with water.
• Then spread a layer of soil 3 to 4 cm thick. And you can create a layer by combining the dung and the soil. Once again the layer is completely sprinkled with water.
• After that, you carefully place the earthworm and its eggs over the bed.
• Spread the residue of the crop and cow dung with the soil as a layer and then sprinkle the water.
• Vermicompost setup should be arranged in a shady spot. Hold 60 percent of the moisture content in bed.
Source: - ZyTonic Haryana
If you find the information helpful, like it and share it with your friends.