AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
17 Dec 19, 03:00 PM
Fruit ProcessingAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Preparing processed food using banana (wafers)
More than 90% of the total banana grown in India is consumed as fresh fruit. Only about 5 to 8% of the total banana production is processed. Banana is a very perishable fruit and remains good for only 3-5 days after ripening. So you have a huge potential to make sustainable processed foods from your extra banana products. Most banana processed foods do not require very expensive machinery and more financing. Most banana processing industries can be started as small scale industries.
1) Choose whole grown raw banana and rinse it with clean water.
2) With a stainless steel knife, remove the peel with the help of a machine or with a knife.
3) Then dip these in a solution of 0.5% citric acid for 15 to 20 minutes. This allows the rashes to remain white without falling black.
4) Then submerge in boiling water for 5 minutes, cool and apply 3 grams of sulfur as per gram
5) Dry the prepared rack in heat or dryer. The dryer temperature is 5-10 degree Celcius. That's it.
6) If the wheels are pressed by hand, then they are considered ready.
7) Prepared wafers can be used to fry potatoes like potato wafers.
• References - AgroStar Agronomy Center of Excellence
If you find this information helpful, click on the yellow thumb icon below the photo and share it with all your farming friends through the option below!