Krishi VaartaKrishi Jaagran
Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana will Promote Organic Farming
The ‘Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana' (PKVY) aims to promote organic farming without long-term soil fertility, the conservation of resources and the use of chemicals. The aim of this scheme is to empower farmers not only through agricultural management but also through quality and innovative means. Partnership guarantee system will be PKVY's main quality method under the program PGS - India. The revised guidelines of PKVY are available on the website - www.agricoop.nic.in
• Organic farming will be transported to hills, tribals and those rain-fed areas where the use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides is reduced under PKVY.
• Group methods will be adopted in large sections of up to 1000 areas.
• The selected groups will be in contiguous sections, as far as possible, to be extended in some adjacent villages.
• The establishment of village panchayat based Kisan-producing organizations will be encouraged or will be promoted under the pre-existing FPO (Farmer Producing Organisation).
• The limit of the panchayat raj assistance for which a farmer is eligible. In a group, at least 65% should be small and marginal farmers.
What to do?
• Promote PKVY for different crop systems suitable for agricultural climate conditions.
• Use organic farming and more bio-chemicals, bio-pesticides, and bio-fertilizers.
Whom to contact?
• At the state level- Director of State (Horticulture / Agriculture).
• At District level- District Horticulture Officer, District Agriculture Officer / Project Director of the States.
Source: Krishi Jagran, March 29, 2019
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.