Guru GyaanAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Outbreak of jassids in okra crop
Bhendi crop is grown throughout the year. Various types of pests infest this crop. Jassids infestation is mainly observed during the cropping period. Let's know about this insect.
• This insect is green in colour.
• Apart from bhendi crop, this pest also damages crops like cotton, potato, brinjal, tomato etc. In some crops, it acts as a vector for viral diseases.
• Both nymphs and adults are green in colour and triangular in shape.
• These insects mostly live on the lower surface of the leaves.
• The nymph does not have wings and cannot fly, Adult insects move from one leaf to another or from one plant to another.
• Adults and nymphs suck the cell sap from leaves. As a result, the edges of the leaves turn yellow and turn upward, leaves become cup-shaped.
• Due to the presence of a toxic element in its saliva, leaves begin to dry and become brittle.
• To monitor this pest, install yellow sticky traps in the field.
• At initial stages of pest infestation, neem oil @ 50 ml or garlic extract @ 500 g or neem extract @ 20 ml (1% EC) to 40 ml (0.15% EC) or Verticillium lecanii, a fungal base powder 40 gm should be sprayed by dissolving in 10 liters of water.
• To control this, spray Buprofenzin 70 DF @ 5 ml or deltamethrin 2.8 EC @ 5 ml or thiamethoxam 25 WG @ 4 gm or imidacloprid 17.8 SL @ 4 ml or acetamiprid 20 SP @ 4 gm by dissolving in 10 liters of water.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Center of Excellence_x000D_
If you find this information useful, like it and share it with all your friends._x000D_