AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
31 Mar 19, 06:00 PM
Nutrition Management for Maximum Milk Production in Buffalo and Cow
• Inadequate cattle diet has adverse effects on milch animal's physical growth, milk production, and reproduction. Before any transition, healthy feed management should be initiated.
• Increasing the amount of protein and energy in the dry fodder of the cattle will lead to the expected result.
• Observe the weight and condition of the cattle carefully. After the cattle's delivery, adequate care must be taken for three weeks. In the future, the energy shortage can be overcome by feeding bypass fat together with other animal feed for better milk production.
• When cow or buffaloes reach the milk production stage, the feed should be supplied according to the capacity of milk production. The quantity of proteins and fibre required for the cattle’s digestion and other minerals should be recommended by a Veterinarian.
• According to the advice of the veterinarian or veterinary doctor, the quantity of fodder, proteins and fibres required by buffaloes and cows for regular feeding along with these minerals should be provided. The new mixed feed or TMR technology is useful in animal feeds and fodder and reduces acidity in the cattle's digestive system._x000D_
Source: Dr. Parag Ghongale, Agrowon, February 25, 2019_x000D_
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.