AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
13 Feb 20, 10:00 AM
Guru GyaanAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Management of Mango Hoppers
• Nymphal and adults are wedge-shaped and run very fast diagonally.
• The population suddenly increases at the time of flowering.
• The flowers are dried of due to their egg lying.
• Both, nymphs & adults suck the cell sap from the developing flowers and young leaves.
• Leaves turn into D-shaped structure.
• Marble sized fruits also drop down.
• Due to secretion of honey dews, black sooty mold is developed and hinders the photosynthetic activity.
• Higher humidity and shade weather is favourable to this pest.
• Manage adequate drainage system in the orchard.
• Instead of flood irrigation, follow drip system to reduce the population.
• Spray Beauveria bassiana or Verticillium lacani, a fungus-based insecticides @ 40 g per 10 litre of water or any neem base pesticide on initiation of the pest.
• Spray buprofezin 25 SC @ 10 ml or deltamethrin 2.8 EC @ 3 ml or lambda cyhelothrin 5 EC @ 10 ml or thiamethoxam 25 WG @ 4 g or imidacloprid 17.8 SL @ 4 ml or cypermethrin 10 EC @ 5 ml per 10 litre of water.
• Change the insecticides at each spray.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
If you found this information useful, don’t forget to Like and Share it with your farmer friends.