AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
17 May 19, 11:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Management of fruit fly in mango crop
• Fruits should be harvested on time; Proper Care should be taken so that no fruits are mature in the tree itself.
• Fruits infested with fruit fly and fruits fallen in the orchard should be collected and destroyed as it increases the population of fruit flies.
• The pupal stage of fruit fly of Bactrocera dorsalis species pupate in the soil at 2 to 3 cm depth.
• Application of recommended granular insecticide to the soil.
• During the period of infestation, dig the soil near the tree with sickle up to 2 to 3 cms and spray a solution of Chlorpyrifos 20 EC @ 2 ml/liter water until the soil becomes completely moist.
• As the larval stage of this pest is inside the fruit, therefore the chemical insecticide can’t reach to pest. For management of fruit fly use Methyl eugenol traps.
Source – Agrowon
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.