Livestock Calendar: Important Highlights for October
• In the occurrence of Foot and Mouth Disease, treat the affected part of the livestock with 1% Potassium Permanganate solution.
• If vaccines for illnesses such as Foot and Mouth, Haemorrhagic Septicaemia, Black Quarter, Enterotoxemia and others are not yet provided, ensure that they are given immediately.
• This is the appropriate time to give parasitic and insecticide/solution.
• Alternatively, use parasitic medicines.
• It is suggested that the Mineral mixture be given to livestock.
• The availability of green grass increases this month but the quantity of its feed should be in check. Mix both the dry and the green fodder in the feed. Giving a large quantity of green fodder could lead to diarrhoea or acidosis.
• If you have not yet performed sheep wool shearing in the past month, it needs to be finished this month.
• 21 days after shearing from the sheep's body, bathe with the germicidal solution to prevent internal parasites.
• The winter season commences this month, so follow appropriate management to safeguard the cattle from the cold.
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.