AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
23 Jan 20, 10:00 AM
Guru GyaanAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Life Cycle of Chilli Thrips and its Control
The infestation of thrips is observed in nursery and in transplanted crop throughout the season. Both nymphs and adults lacerate the leaf surface and suck the oozing materials. As a result, leaves are curled up and appear boat-shaped. In the farming community, it is known as “Leaf curl”.
• Female lays about 50-60 eggs in leaf tissue which are invisible with necked eyes. Egg period is about 4-9 days.
• The emerged nymphs live about 4-6 days and have no wing.
• Nymphs undergo in pupation under the fallen leaves or in the soil and remain 3-5 days.
• Adult has feather like wings and lives about 2-4 weeks.
• Follow soil solerization or ribbing before raising nursery in summer.
• Give seed treatment with imidacloprid 17.8 SL @ 7.5 g per kg of seed before sowing in nursery.
• Before transplanting, deep the roots of seedlings in solution of imidacloprid 17.8 SL @ 10 ml or thiamethoxam 25 WG @ 10 g per 10 lit of water for about 2 hours.
• Follow inter culturing regularly.
• On initiation, spray neem based formulations 20 ml (1% EC) to 40 ml (0.15% EC) in 10 lit of water.
• Apply carbofuran 3G @ 33 kg/ ha in soil at fifteen days after transplanting.
• Only for thrips, spray spinatoram 11.7 SC 10 ml or spinosad 45 SC 3 ml or cyantraniliprole 10 OD 3 ml or thiacloprid 21.7 SC 5 ml or thiamethoxam 12.6% + lambda cyhelothrin 9.5 ZC 3 ml per 10 lit of water alternatively.
• Along with thrips, if mites is also observed, spray fipronil 7% + hexythiazox 2% SC @ 20 ml or profenophos 40% + fenpyroxymate 2.5% EC @ 20 ml or spiromesifen 22.9 SC @ 10 ml or lambda cyhelothrin 5 EC @ 10 ml or emamectin benzoate 5 SG @ 4 g per 10 lit of water.
• Along with thrips, if aphid is observed, spray diafenthiuron 47% + bifenthrin 9.4% SC @ 10 ml or spirotetramat 15.31 OD @ 10 ml or imidacloprid 17.8 SL @ 4 ml or fipronil 5 SC @ 20 ml or methyl-o-demeton 25 EC @ 10 ml per 10 lit of water.