AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
11 Jul 19, 06:00 AM
Tip of the dayAgroStar Agri-Doctor
Integrated pest management in cotton
• Plough deeply in summer as that helps to destroy bollworm in dormant stages. Do not make heap of the crop waste in the farm and ensure to burn it before the month of June.
• Collect neem seeds and dry them to make neem extract.
• To control mealy bugs, remove weeds like Parthenium hysterophorus, Ablemosechus manibot,Vernonia Anthelmintica, Datura niger etc. from the bunds of farm.
• Cultivate maize, Marigold, Castor and Cowpea around the cotton farm.
• Cultivate Pigeon Pea (Tur), Green gram, Soybean as intercrop in the cotton farm. This will be helpful to increase natural enemies activity on boll worm.
• Spread eggs of the insect called Trichogramma chilonis in the farm as soon as you find boll worm eggs in the farm or on 2 days - 45th and 55th days.
• Spray Verticillium lecanii @40 gm/10 liters of water to control sucking pests.
• Install T perches in the farm for birds.
• Install 4 pheromone traps/acre in the farm and measure the number of bollworm moths so that the level of financial losses can be determined.
Reference - Agrostar Agronomy Center Excellence
For more information, give a missed call to AgroStar's Agridoctor from the app.