AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
13 Jan 20, 10:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Integrated Pest and Disease Management in Onion and Garlic
Prevention of harmful diseases and pests is necessary for production of onion and garlic. From the economic point of view there are some major harmful pests and diseases, which cause excessive damage to the crop. Those pests need to be controlled. In this article, detailed description is given about how to manage integrated diseases and pests in onion and garlic.
These are small and yellow coloured insects which suck the sap from leaves. Due to which colour of leaf looks brittle. Due to their outbreak, tip of the leaves become brown and wither.
• To control this pest, Spray fipronil 5% SC @ 400 ml by dissolving in 200 liter of water and this solution should be sprayed at 15 days interval.
• Do not use fresh dung as a manure in the field
• For the control of white grub, spray Chlorpyriphos 20% EC @ 500 ml in 200 liter of water per acre near the roots in the affected fields.so that the medicine can reach 3-4 inches below.
• Carbofuran 3% CG @ 13 kg should be given followed by irrigation.
In the beginning, due to the effect of this disease, white and inward spots are formed on the leaves and upward stem, due to which the stem and leaf become weak and fall. Outbreaks occur in February and April.
● Spray Mancozeb 64% + Metalaxyl 4% @ 400 gm by dissolving in 200 liter of water.
In the event of outbreak of this disease, light orange coloured spots are absorbed on the upward surface of the leaves.
• Spray Mancozeb 75% WP @ 500 grams by dissolving in 200 liters of water twice at an interval of 10 to 15 days.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre Excellence
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumb impression below the photo and share it with all your farmer friends through the options below.