AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
04 Feb 19, 10:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Integrated Management of Shoot and Fruit Borer in Brinjal
• Remove and destroy brinjal plants and fruits infected with pests.
• Before flowering in the brinjal plant, apply 4 to 6 pheromone traps per acre. This trap should be kept in the field at a height above the crop so that insects are attracted.
• Install a light trap in the per acre area.
• To control insects, install Tricho-card of Trichogramma Chilonis species within 2 to 3 per acre.
• Based on BT biological insecticide, spray 10 gm of water per litre on brinjal plant.
• Spray the Neemark 5% or Azadirachtin (300 ppm) with 3 ml per litre of water at 15 days interval.
AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence