Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Integrated Management of Pests in Onion Crops
1. As per the season, plantation of onion should be completed within one week.
2. There must be a difference of more than two seasons when planting onion crops, which minimizes infestation.
3. Use certified seeds. Also, seed treatment must be done.
4. Follow crop rotation.
5. Onion should be cultivated in a place where water drains.
6. Onion plants should always be planted in the bed of the soil.
7. Use a sticker in water while sprinkling insecticide.
8. Appropriate pesticide should be sprayed to control pests on crops.
9. A specific pesticide should not be used continuously. Alternatively, different pesticides should be used for the growth of pest resistance in the crop.
10. Do not use fungicide or pesticide for seed production after flowering onion.
AgroStar Agronomy Centre Excellence, January 24, 2019