AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
30 Jan 20, 10:00 AM
Guru GyaanAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Infection and control of red and yellow Mites pests in different crops
• Dry weather is a nutrient for mite growth. Therefore, if the humidity is less than 60% in the atmosphere, it is more affected.
• Red / yellow mites are difficult to control after the monsoon is over.
• This pest suck the sap from the new leaves as well as the new growth sperm. Therefore, the leaves of the tree are tilted to the bottom and the leaves shape the opposite boat.
• The growth of the tree and fruit is diminished as well as flowering and the leaves of reddish-brown spots on the stalk of the fruit and then become yellow.
• The red mites creates a net on the tree. Therefore, unless the mite web is destroyed, the red mites is not controlled
Infected crops of red mites:
• It is affected in Chilli, Brinjal, Okra, Tomatoes, Roses, Cardamom crops, Cotton, Grapes, Coconut, Pomegranate, Citrus fruits and flowers and fruit crops.
• As a remedy, the maximum amount of water should be used when spraying pesticides for red mite. So that the pestle can be washed and the pest is controlled.
Chemicals used for mite control:
• Use of chemicals spray like sulphur 80 WP @ 2g per liter or spiromesifen 22.9% SC @ 1 ml per liter, Propargite 57% EC @ 2 ml per liter of water should be done.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
If you find this information helpful, click on the yellow thumb icon below the photo and share it with all your farmer friends through the option below!