Advisory ArticleKrishi Jaagran
Increase your yield with Polyhouse Cultivation!
Polyhouse or a greenhouse is a structure of polyethene sheets that is usually semi-circular, square and elongated in shape. It is recommended for growing vegetables, floricultural crops and ornamental crops. Polyhouse benefits farmers, particularly those who prefer organic farming.
Below are some of the advantages of a polyhouse:
• Plants are grown under controlled temperature so there is less chance of crop loss or damage
• Crops can be grown throughout the year without having to wait for any particular season.
• Minimum pests and insects in polyhouse
• External climate does not affect crop growth
• Higher quality produce in polyhouse
• Good drainage and aeration system
• Polyhouse provides plants with the right environmental facilities during any season
• Increase yield for about 5 to 10 times
• Less cropping period
• Application of the fertilizer is easier and is controlled automatically with the help of drip irrigation
Source: Krishi Jagran
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.