AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
Pune, Maharashtra
08 May 19, 06:00 PM
Krishi VaartaThe Economic Times
‘Honey Mission’ provided employment to 10 thousand people
New Delhi: Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) provided more than 1 lakh beekeeping boxes to farmers and unemployed youth within the last two years under ‘Honey Mission’. KVIC chairman Vinay Kumar Saxena stated that for the first time in the country, 1,01,000 boxes have been distributed for beekeeping. Over 10 thousand employment opportunities have been created. Under the mission, 246 tonnes of honey worth around 4 crore rupees has been extracted so far.
KVIC has trained beekeepers for looking after honeybee colonies, identification and management of their diseases, honey extraction, wax refinement and the management of honeybee-colonies in different seasons. KVIC will provide loans for installation of honey processing, packaging and labeling units. Khadi Village Industries Department has started the Honey Mission Plan. Under this plan, subsidy is given for establishment of beekeeping industry. For starting a 10-box unit, 80 percent subsidy is provided and the remaining 20 percent needs to be invested by the farmer. Source – The Economic Times, May 07, 2019 If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.
35
0