Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Healer cum Sealer for the management of mango stem borer
Healer cum Sealer for the management of mango stem borer, this technique developed by Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bengaluru.
• The solution is permanent (meaning there is no reinfestation in the same season).
• The formulation completely blocks the unseen holes and as well visually seen holes.
• This formulation when applied following bark cleaning, swabbing (of dichlorvos @ 5 ml/Litre + COC @ 40 g/Litre per kg of sealer cum healer) not only controls from borer damage but also protects the tree from the secondary infection and helps in rejuvenation of tree.
• The tree is rejuvenated with nutrition
• The formulation can be tried even under mild rains (However immediate heavy rains may wash off the treated tunnels post treatment; after 48 hr the treatment is rain-fast)
• The formulation developed is cost effective
Source: IIHR, Bengaluru
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.