Green Fodder Results in Healthy Cattle with Increased Productivity
Green and nutritious fodder help cattle increase appetite, prevent diseases such as night blindness, and so on.
• The amount of water in green fodder is higher in comparison to dry fodder. This fodder is delicious; hence the cattle enjoy it and the fodder is not wasted.
• Animals easily get glucose content from green fodder, which facilitates digestion.
• Green fodder is full of minerals and proteins.
• Green fodder is nutritious and also helps to increase appetite.
• Consumption of green fodder every day leads to good and healthy cattle.
• It provides nutrients in a natural form that is beneficial to the animal’s body.
• It provides vitamin A carotene and prevent night blindness and keeps the skin healthy.
• Green fodder contains more soluble factors so the animal does not have to put efforts to digest it.
• It contains a lot of amino acids such as arginine and glutamic.
• If animals do not feed green fodder during pregnancy, the calf that is born may be weak, blind or other physical inefficiencies.
• The cattle produce at least 8 litres of milk if given a balanced and nutritious green fodder.
• Green fodder should be given in the daily diet for better productivity and good health.
Context - Agrowon
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.