AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
22 Sep 19, 01:00 PM
Krishi VaartaOutlook Agriculture
FCI to do 100% packing of food grains in jute sack - Paswan
New Delhi. 100% packing of food grains purchased by Food Corporation of India (FCI) will be made mandatory in jute sacks. Food Supply and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said that storage of food grains in jute sacks will be made mandatory to reduce the use of plastics.
He said that FCI currently uses jute sacks for 85% of its packing needs and for the remaining 15% plastic bags are used. He said that the production of the jute would have to be increased to make compulsory packing.
Source - Outlook Agriculture, 17 September 2019
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.