AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
17 Mar 19, 06:00 PM
Animal HusbandryKrishi Jaagran
Demand for these Buffalo Breeds Rising in the Country
Buffalo is a milch animal. Many people prefer buffalo milk over cow's milk, and in the rural part, it is a very useful animal. Below are the breeds that have the maximum demand in today's scenario.
• The breed's eyes and horns are smaller than the indigenous buffaloes, which can be easily recognized.
• The horn of this breed is curved, small, and the edges thin.
• The neck of the buffalo is long while the back is very wide. Its skin is thin and dark black in colour.
• Typical Murrah buffaloes cost between 40,000 and 80,000 rupees and produce 12 litres of milk a day.
• If these buffalos produce more than 12 litres of milk, their cost goes beyond Rs. 45,000. Their prices vary across different parts of India.
• Bhadavari buffalo also has enormous demand in our country. Although this breed produces less milk compared to Murrah, its milk has a high amount of fat.
• It produces 4-5 litres of milk per day and has a fat content of about 8%.
• This quantity can vary from 6% to 14% in different buffaloes. The percentage of fat found in its milk is more than any buffalo breed in the country.
Context - Krishi Jagaran
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.