Benefits of Mulching in Fruit Crops
Mulch also helps retain moisture, prevent soil erosion, control weeds, and add nutrients to the soil. Sugarcane thrash, cotton stubble, wheat husk and others are used in fruit orchards to reduce water evaporation.
• Increase the capacity to hold water in the soil and conserve water by 20% to 30%_x005F_x000D_
• Increase in crop production results in 80% to 90% weed control, and improves soil texture and prevents soil erosion_x005F_x000D_
• Maintains soil temperature and this balanced temperature leads to an appropriate bacterial process_x005F_x000D_
• Improve crop yield, production and quality_x005F_x000D_
• Use of fertilizers and water properly._x005F_x000D_
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.