AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
20 Jan 20, 10:00 AM
Advisory ArticleAgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence
Appropriate Management of Fruiting in Vegetable Crop
Fruit-based vegetable crops reduce fruit retention due to the following factors:
Reasons for non-fruition include:
1. Inappropriate breed selection
2. Improper period of cultivation
3. Lack of balanced food intake
4. Improper irrigation planning
5. Pollination complications
6. Male to female flower ratio
7. Lack of crop nutrients
8. Not harvesting in suitable condition
9. Improper pest and disease control
1. Select suitable variety according to season and duration.
2. Use of main nutrient and micronutrient at appropriate time and in proper proportion as per soil test and crop growth stage.
3. Bees, butterflies help with pollination; hence beekeeping should be done in or near the vegetable production area.
4. Use of pesticides should be avoided when the crop is at a flowering state. Organic pesticides should be used.
5. Proper supply of water according to crop condition. Useful if using a drip irrigation method.
6. The use of antibiotics, such as alpha naphthalic acetic acid, during peak stages of leaves and leaves, increases the number of female flowers.
7. Spraying of recommended growth inhibitors is beneficial after flowering starts in vegetable crops.
8. Control the diseases and pests in a timely manner and control the flowers, orchards by supplying foodstuffs.
9. Harvesting of fruits at the right time helps in the formation of new flowers and proper growth of available flowers.
Source: AgroStar Agronomy Centre of Excellence