Animal Husbandry Calendar: Things to Note in November
Winter begins this month so the cattlemen are required to pay attention to specific issue with regard to his livestock. So let's get to know the key points that need to be taken into account this month.
• In the event of an unexpected lower temperature this month, take precautions to protect the cattle from the cold; do not bind them in the open during the night.
• The shed floor must be kept dry.
• If Foot and Mouth Disease, Haemorrhagic Septicaemia, Sheep Goat Pox, Black Quarter, Enterotoxemia, etc. vaccines are not administered yet; it should be given at this time.
• Take preventive measures against mastitis.
• By providing parasitic drugs or solutions, cattle can be protected from parasitic outbreaks, which will not only improve their health, but the food that cattle consume will be used by the body to increase milk production.
• Give Mineral-mixture to cattle in prescribed quantity.
• Purchase of fodder at the right time.
• Cut Perennial grasses. After this it goes into hibernation, due to which the next harvesting temperature is obtained only in February - March.
• Once in three years, PPR vaccine must be administered to sheep and goats.
• 21 days after shearing, bathe the sheep in a disinfectant solution to avoid external parasites.
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.