AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
08 Dec 19, 06:30 PM
Animal Husbandry Calendar: Things to Note in December
• Adequate protection of cattle against cold weather.
• Bind the cattle to the warm shed at night.
• If vaccines for diseases such as Foot and Mouth, Haemorrhagic Septicaemia, Sheep Pox, Enterotoxemia, etc. are not yet administered; this must be done immediately.
• Give the cattle a mixture of mineral salts-mineral mixture in the quantity prescribed.
• To protect dairy cattle from mastitis, extract entire milk and, after milking, wash the udder in an insecticide solution.
• Keep the amount of green feed in the cattle diet limited and increase the amount of dry feed, because over-eating green fodder can cause diarrhoea issues.
• If green food is leftover, dry it in the shade and store it as dry grass.