AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
11 May 19, 06:00 PM
Advantages of bacterial fertilizers
• A resultant growth of 8 to 22 percent in the crops with subsequent increase in the growth of roots is observed.
• The availability of nitrogen, phosphorus, potash, sulfur and other essentials nutrients to the crops are increased. This results in lesser usage and saving of chemical fertilizers by 25 to 50 percent.
• This enhances production of the vital ingredients necessary for the growth of the crop. Eg: The use of Gibberellic acid increases the strength of germination in crops.
• This improves the fertility of the soil.
The soil texture and quality water is significantly improved, resulting in better and efficient management of water in; and around the crops. This enables the crop to sustain the tolerance for the need of water.
• This improves the overall process of germination in crops, Splits/tillers/stems of new plants emerge, the number of roots improves and the ability to produce more fruits and flowers increase significantly.
• An increase in the overall produce by 10 to 20 percent and the improve qualities.
• The remnant residual parts of the crops are disintegrated by the use of liquefied decomposing culture, thus improving its carbon-to-nitrogen ratio.
• The antibiotics produced by some bacteria help in controlling the fungi.
• Improve the disease resistance power in crop
Precautions to be undertaken while using bacterial fertilizers:
• Store the bio- fertilizers in a shade (25 to 30 degrees Celsius)
• Interaction or mixture of bio-fertilizer with sown seeds, chemical fungicide and other chemical fertilizers should be strictly avoided.
• Whilst sowing the seed, the process of applying fungicide should be initiated first, followed by pesticide and later end with the liquefied bio- fertilizer.
• The expiry date of the Liquefied bio-fertilizer is always mentioned. Utmost care should be taken to ensure that it is used prior to the expiry date.
Context – Agrowon
If you find this information useful, click on the yellow thumbs up sign under the photo and also share this with your farmer friends using the options given below.