AgroStar Krishi Gyaan
05 Aug 19, 01:00 PM
A new variety of mango developed
Experts of the Indian Horticultural Research Institute in Bangalore have developed the Arca Good Morning (H-14) hybrid variety of mangoes. This variety has been developed by the hybrid of 'Amrapali' and 'Arka' priceless varieties. M. Director of Fruit Crop Section at Indian Horticultural Research Institute, Shankaran, Dr C. Vasugi has developed these varieties after research.
Characteristics of this Variety:-
1. The stem graft is moderately elongated, the branches are spread out.
2. Every year the fruits produced are in a bunch.
3. Four years after transplanting, 35 to 40 kg of fruit is produced
4. Weight of the fruit is 240-250 grams and size of fruit is like Hapus.
5. The higher the amount of pulp in the fruit, the colour of the pulp turns dark orange like the Amrapali variety.
6. Fruit pulp 70%, TSS volume more than 22 birks, acidity 0. 12%
7. The amount of carotenoid in fruits equals 8.35 mg and the amount of flavonoids is 9.91 ml per 100 grams weight of fruit.
8. Fruit can survive for 8 to 10 days after harvesting till normal temperature.
Source: Agrowon, August 1, 2019