Krishi VaartaKrishi Jaagran
3 crore farmers got 4.2 lakh crore loan, interest rate rebate till 31 May!
To bring the country's economy back on track amid the Corona crisis and lockdown, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced a package of 20 lakh crores, for which Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman is making announcements for different sectors.
Highlights of Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's press conference-
• 3 crore farmers were given loans at concessional rates.
• Four lakh crore loans to small farmers at a concessional rate.
• Discount on interest on farmers loans till 31 May.
• 25 lakh Kisan Credit Cards distributed.
• 29500 crore provided through NABARD, rural banks.
• Sanction of loan to 63 lakh people in the month of March-April.
• 86 thousand 600 crore loan to agriculture sector in March-April.
• Those who are not having ration cards will also get 5 kgs of food grains.
• The government is working on one country, one ration card scheme.
• Rewards for digital payments.
• Exemption in home loans from March for people with 6 to 18 lakh income.
• 2 crore 33 lakh migrant laborers got employment in MNREGA.
• Minimum daily wages increased to Rs 202.
Source: - Krishi Jagaran, 14 May 2020
If you find this information useful to you, like it and share it with your farmer friends.